If you purchase postage through Endicia (either using Endicia Professional Suite or DAZzle software), please follow this guide to learn how to import your shipments into your Chit Chats account.
Note that direct file exports from Endicia Professional Suite or DAZzle software are not compatible with this integration. Please follow the steps below instead.
Export data in CSV format from Endicia
- Log in to your Endicia account.
- Go to Reports > Account Transactions
- Select desired Range
- Select Postage Prints as Report Type (important, otherwise your import will not succeed)
- Click on Export > CSV
- Save the file to your desktop or somewhere you can easily locate it.
Important note about Declared Value
Endicia doesn't require and doesn't allow adding a declared value for shipments having U.S. as destination country, unless insurance is purchased (from their perspective the shipment moves within the country)
We do require a declared value for all shipments as we need to manifest them for U.S. Customs and Border Protection on your behalf. For that reason, shipments with no declared value will be rejected with an appropriate error message.
If you have any shipments without declared value (amount $0) on your exported report, we advise to edit the report before importing into Chit Chats and add appropriate declared values so that the report will be successfully imported.
Import data into Chit Chats
- Log in to your Chit Chats account.
- Go to Import Shipments > Upload a file (I already have postage section)
- In the File Format drop-down select Endicia CSV
Note: You may also select the Auto-detect option however, file upload errors messages may not be as accurate.
- Click on Choose File and select the exported Endicia CSV file
- You will be prompted to review a list of the file's shipments. From here you may decide to import all shipments or just a select number of them.
- When you are satisfied, click on Import button to start the import process. Once completed, all shipments will be automatically added to a batch.
If you experience errors when uploading your shipments, or have any feedback that you'd like to share about this feature, please feel free to contact us.