Sometimes Comma-Separated Values (CSV) files are exported with large numbers displayed in scientific notation. For this reason you may notice that exported tracking numbers appear truncated.
If your tracking numbers appear in scientific notation, it may cause uploading shipments via CSV import to fail. To fix this, please follow these steps:
- Go to the 'Data' menu > 'Import External Data' / 'Get External Data' > 'From Text' or rename the file extension to ".txt"
- Open the file, and you should see a dialog window appear
- Select 'Delimited file' and click through each window:
- 2nd window: Check (only) 'comma' under the delimiter column
- 3rd window: Select each field and specify if you want the column to be read as text or number. Select 'Text' for large numbers.
Your tracking numbers should now be displayed in full.