Chit Chats strictly adheres to all United States Customs Rules and Regulations. As a result, some items are prohibited from being shipped with Chit Chats to the United States. The following is a general list of items you can not ship via Chit Chats. If you are ever unsure about an item, please contact us directly to confirm whether or not the product is compliant.
- Products with a retail value of more than $800 USD
- Drugs, tobacco and alcohol
- Food and beverages (Including Pet foods)
- Medicine (prescription and non-prescription i.e. over-the-counter) This includes items containing SPF
- Dietary supplements (vitamins, minerals, herbs, amino acids etc.)
- Prescription Glasses
- Medical devices (thermometers, dental instruments, including toothbrushes, hearing aids, drug paraphernalia etc.)
- Knockoffs (products in violation of copyright, patent and trademark laws)
- Chemicals, combustible and hazardous materials (including but not limited to: aerosol, oxygen, dry ice)
- Products containing lead paint
- Firearms, ammunition and weapons of any kind
- Products regulated by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Items prohibited by CBP, FDA and USPS
In addition to the above, please note that most items are not permitted to be shipped to U.S.-sanctioned countries via the USPS without additional documentation. Please consult USPS's guide for more information and the most current list of affected countries.
Carriers have their own restrictions on what they can and can't ship. It is up to clients to ensure that they are in accordance with each carrier's restrictions.