Some shipments are prepared well in advance of when they are to be received by Chit Chats. Depending on your workflow, your clients may not need to be notified of their tracking right when you purchase postage.
By default, Chit Chats marks orders in your store as fulfilled and sends Chit Chats tracking notifications to your clients when postage is purchased. However, customizing how your orders are fulfilled can be done quickly and easily from within your Chit Chats account
How to change your shipment fulfilment settings
- Click Settings (bottom-left) > Sales Channels
- Connect a store (if needed)
- Connect an Amazon Store
- Connect an eBay Store
- Connect an Etsy Store
- Connect with ShipStation
- Connect a Shopify store
3. Under Shipment Fulfilment, you will be able to see all of the options that are available.
4. Select your preferences on when to fulfill and the type of tracking to send.
You can schedule orders to be fulfilled up to 5 days after you purchase postage. And if you prefer to manually update your orders, be sure to tell Chit Chats to ‘Never’ fulfill shipments. You can also make the choice to send your recipients either carrier tracking or Chit Chats tracking.
- Changes made to tracking preferences will only be applied to newly created shipments and will not affect shipments which have already been fulfilled or marked to be fulfilled.
- Chit Chats tracking may not be recognized by all seller platforms. However, if carrier tracking is unavailable for the selected postage type, Chit Chats tracking will be substituted. This includes both Chit Chats Canada Tracked and Chit Chats International Standard services.
How to check the fulfillment status of a shipment
A shipment’s fulfillment status is available in the shipment details (right sidebar). Just click on a shipment to find out more information.
If you change your mind before a shipment is actually fulfilled you can click on "Do Not Fulfill" or "Fulfill Now".