Returns for Asendia shipments follow the same journey as other U.S. or international returns. However, due to the way Asendia processes shipments there are some important things to be aware of.
Asendia is a service that leverages partnerships with a number of international carriers to deliver shipments and this impacts how shipments are returned. Asendia’s partner carriers will either send undeliverable returns:
- Directly to the return address on the postage label or
- First to Asendia’s facility for consolidation before being returned to Chit Chats.
Return transit times for Asendia may vary. Depending on the carrier, it can be between a few weeks to a few months for the shipment to be received at our facility from overseas. If you have setup your Chit Chats returns account, the processing time for your return is quoted from when it is received at one of our facilities.
- If Chit Chats manages your returns, all your returned Asendia shipments will be processed the same way.
- If you manage your own returns, this may mean that some Asendia returns will not be directed to your custom U.S. return address. We recommend using another international service such as USPS International to manage your international returns.
- Asendia shipments marked for disposal are not impacted by this.
All returned shipments must be able to be associated with a Chit Chats account (either with your client ID or client account name). If a return is unidentifiable or cannot be associated with an account, it will be disposed of or rejected.