All returned shipments, regardless of their original delivery address, follow the same basic journey. Once a shipment is deemed undeliverable or it is refused by a customer, the shipment will make its way back to the original sender via the return address on the label. Some carriers refer to this process as ‘reverse logistics’.
Generally, if you know that you have a return on the way, you will be able to follow its journey with the original tracking number or the new tracking number provided by your recipient.
If you manage your own returns, the shipment will be returned to the U.S. address you provided.
Returns managed by Chit Chats and received for processing at our U.S. Return Address must clear Canadian Customs before they can be brought back into Canada.
- Alberta and BC: Returns will be processed and back in Canada within 3-4 weeks. Once received at our branch, we will contact you directly to make arrangements to get the shipment back to you. Service fees may apply.
- Ontario, Quebec and Atlantic Canada: You must set-up a Chit Chats returns account first. Once back in Canada, your return will receive further sorting and processing before being sent back to you by your preferred method.
Services fees apply and vary by method and region.
Other things to consider for returns
- With so many deliveries to prioritize, reverse logistics can often be a difficult service for carriers to provide. You should expect the transit time for a return to be longer than the original delivery estimate.
- International returns pass through multiple customs checkpoints and carriers on their journey back to you. This can also increase the expected transit time for international returns.
- Returns for our Chit Chats Canada Tracked service require different processing.