See also our Batching and Sorting FAQs.
When you have a group of 10 or more shipments you want to drop off or have picked up by Chit Chats, you can add them to a batch to make processing more efficient. Creating batches allows you to print a label with one barcode that we can scan to update all shipments simultaneously. Updates can be found by clicking on any shipment belonging to the batch.
If you are using one of our drop spot locations, all shipments must be batched and consolidated to avoid the potential of additional charges. If you receive a Chit Chats pickup, please note that our drivers only perform the pre-acceptance of your batch. The physical acceptance of your shipments will be confirmed during processing.
Batching through import
If you're using our import feature, you can select to add the shipments into a new or existing pending batch upon import. Alternatively, you can manually select individual shipments to batch after you have imported your shipments.
- Select "Pending" in the left side navigation bar
- Select all of the shipments you would like to give to Chit Chats
- Click "Batch" and select "Add to New Batch"
4. Select "Batches" in the left side navigation bar
5. Click on the Batch Number (i.e: 152). This will bring up the batch you've just created.
6. Click "Print Batch Label"
7. Affix your batch label to your bag, box or gaylord (see example below).
All shipments in your batch should be correctly labelled with their postage labels. Ensure you have the correct number of shipments in your batch before you get your shipments to us. You can cross-reference the different mail types with the number on the label.
Or, to make it easier for sorting, you can create a batch for each type of shipment (i.e.: Canadian, USPS, Media Mail, etc).*
Please be aware that batch discrepancies have the potential to delay your shipments. In some cases you may be asked to retrieve your batch and resolve any variances before your shipments can be processed.
*Service availability may vary.