After creating and purchasing postage for your individual shipments, your next step is to get them to your nearest Chit Chats location. You can get your shipments to Chit Chats by:
- Dropping them off at a branch or drop spot
- Mailing in your shipments
- Scheduling a courier pickup with Canpar
Getting a quote for a pickup
Before you commit you can get an estimate for a courier pickup. Click on "Schedule a Pickup" (left menu), then "Schedule Courier Pickup". You will need to enter the following:
- Pickup address
- Desired pickup date and time
- Consolidated package details
- Consolidating your packages means combining them together into one single packaging (i.e. a secure box).
Then click 'Save and Refresh Rates'. The rate will be provided alongside the estimated delivery date to Chit Chats.
*Delivery rates may fluctuate and are subject to change without notice based on fuel and logistical increases that are passed on directly from Canpar, our third party carrier.
Scheduling a Pickup
To get started, log into your account and click on "Schedule a Pickup" (left menu), then "Schedule Courier Pickup". Here you will be asked to confirm a few details about the pickup.
This is the pickup point for the courier. By default, this is the address saved in your Chit Chats account. If you would prefer to use another address, you can update this information by clicking on ‘Edit Address’.
Include any special instructions for the pickup driver in the pickup address notes. Ex. “Outside on the porch.”, “Please ring the back door.” If you would like to request that the driver call or buzz upon arrival, be sure to include your buzzer number in the special instructions or on the second address line if there is not enough room.
Pickup drivers operate on a tight schedule and will follow your instructions at their discretion, so please keep them short and simple. While you may leave a phone number, the pickup driver is not obligated to make attempts to contact you. If you are unable to be at your location during your pickup, you may choose to leave your shipments somewhere accessible to the pickup driver at your own risk. Please leave the driver clear instructions on how to access the shipments that need to be picked up. Chit Chats will not be held liable for any shipments left unattended.
- Pick up at back deck under the stairs
- Left package behind the garage, beside the chairs
- Buzz code #12345 ask for Stephen Smith
Preferred Pickup Date
Select which day you would like to schedule a pickup for. The drop-down menu displays all available pickup dates. Courier pickups are not available on weekends.
Important: You can only schedule one pickup per day however, you may include multiple consolidated packages in one scheduled pickup. Estimated pickup dates are not guaranteed and there may be delays due to unexpected circumstances beyond Canpar's control. On average, delayed pickups will still occur within two business days of being scheduled.
Preferred Pickup Time
Let our pickup partner know the pickup times that work best for you by indicating your pickup ready and closing times.
- Pickup Ready Time - This is the earliest time you are able to have your shipments ready for pickup. Please ensure that you have your shipments consolidated, labelled and ready to go for your pickup driver before this time.
- Pickup Closing Time - This is the latest your shipment can be available for pickup. If you keep business hours or would like to indicate a cutoff hour, you can do so here or simply select the latest pickup time.
While Canpar will do their best to accommodate your preferences, pickup times are based on route availability and are not guaranteed.
Consolidated Package Details
In order to schedule your pickup, you will need the size and weight of your consolidated package(s). To include additional packages in your pickup, click on ‘Add another piece’ to enter the details for these pieces as well.
It is best to consolidate your shipments in strong and secure packaging like a box to keep your packages protected. Please avoid using bags for consolidating your shipments. For safety, we recommend that your shipment be light enough to lift comfortably and no more than 50 lbs.
Remember you are responsible for accurately declaring the weight and dimensions of your packages. Misrepresenting these details may result in insufficient postage for your consolidated shipment and you may incur a postage adjustment. Canpar follows the practices and regulations set out in the Canadian Weight & Measures Act.
Confirming Your Pickup
After entering the details for each package, save your progress and refresh the rates for your pickup. There will be a quick summary including:
- The scheduled date of the pickup
- The estimated delivery date of the pickup
- The total cost of the pickup*
Please take a moment to confirm these details before clicking "Pay and print labels" as this action will charge your account for the pickup. If you wish to complete your pickup request at another time, your progress will be saved until you are ready to continue.
After paying, you will be able to print pickup labels from Canpar and review all your pickup details. You will also receive an email confirming your request. Make sure that you’ve labelled and prepared your consolidated packages ahead of your pickup. Labels should be:
- Affixed securely to the outside of your consolidated box.
- If your shipments are too large to consolidate, then you will need to create separate pickup labels for them. Make sure to cover any Chit Chats postage labels with a piece of paper stating "For Chit Chats Use - Please open upon receipt" to avoid confusion for Canpar's drivers.
- Of good quality with barcodes legible. Avoid taping over thermal labels as this will cause the ink to fade!
Please note that you will be responsible for adhering to Canpar's Terms of Service while your shipments are within their care.
*Rates are based on the greater of actual weight or dimensional weight.
Cancelling a Pickup
To cancel a pickup, click the ‘Cancel Scheduled Pickup’ button found on the pickup details page. Important! You will only be able to cancel a pickup from your account up to 1 hour after you have scheduled it. Outside this window you will need to contact Canpar directly with your reference number to confirm that a cancellation is still possible.
Once Canpar cancels the pickups, we will automatically refund the fees to your account. We will also send an email confirming the cancellation. The status of your pickups can be viewed from the main page at any time.
For more information on our Courier Pickup service, please see our frequently asked questions. For questions specific to your scheduled pickup (e.g. tracking, delayed pickups, etc.) please contact Canpar directly using your pickup reference number.