If you sell on Amazon you can use Chit Chats to send your shipments to Amazon Fulfillment warehouses (FBA). As with all U.S. bound shipments, U.S. Amazon FBA shipments must adhere to certain requirements including proper documentation of the contents, and the total value in USD. We will outline these requirements below.
For shipments destined to Canadian warehouses please verify the requirements directly with Amazon.
*Please note that Chit Chats Select is not a suitable postage type for shipments destined to Canadian Amazon Fulfillment Centres. We recommend using our Chit Chats Canada Tracked option for your Canadian Amazon FBA shipments.
Requirements for Amazon FBA Shipments
Requirements for shipments destined to Amazon Fulfillment warehouses in the U.S. Shipments must include proper invoices, shipping labels and meet the value limits. Find details for each of these below. If these requirements are not met it can result in shipments being delayed.
Invoices must be attached to all FBA shipments, regardless of their total retail values. If you are sending multiple boxes to one address you can create one invoice for all of the contents and attach a copy of the invoice to each box. Make sure that you number each invoice e.g. (1 of 5), (2 of 5), (3 of 5), etc. Your invoices must also include:
- Sender address (i.e. your Canadian business address) and recipient address. The sender name must match the return name found on your postage
- A detailed item description as reflected on your active Amazon.com listings*
- *Active listings will return the accurate retail value. If your listing is inactive, it will not return the verifiable value used during a U.S. Customs inspection.
- The quantity of each item in the shipment
- An accurate Amazon product ID number (ASIN or ISBN) for each item. This will be displayed in your product details.
- The suggested total 'selling' or retail value in USD. This is the price displayed to the end buyer on your listing. The wholesale purchase (i.e. your cost) value will not be accepted as the retail value.
For your convenience we have attached below two sample invoices that can be used to produce the required documentation for your FBA shipments.
All FBA shipments must have two types of labels attached to the box that avoid any corners or seams:
1. A postage label purchased through Chit Chats that will deliver your shipments from a Chit Chats facility to the Amazon warehouse in the U.S.
2.Your Amazon FBA label obtained from Amazon that will direct your shipment to the correct category/section of the warehouse once it is delivered.This should be filled out in accordance with the guidelines required by Amazon FBA.
Important: The sender address used on the Chit Chats and Amazon FBA label is your U.S. return address (or if Chit Chats manages your returns). The address on your invoice should be your Canadian business address as it is used for U.S. customs. Please note that your return name must match your Chit Chats account name and the sender name found on your invoice. Don’t forget, It is the shipper's responsibility to ensure that the postage is addressed to the correct FBA address and that a suitable postage type is used.
The retail value of all items shipped to any single Amazon warehouse address cannot exceed $800 USD. Multiple shipments to a single warehouse also cannot exceed a total combined value of $800 USD. For example:
- Shipping a $500 USD shipment to a warehouse in PA and a $400 USD shipment to a warehouse in IL in the same day would be acceptable.
- Shipping one $500 USD shipment and one $400 USD shipment to a warehouse in PA in the same day would not be acceptable.
Note: All shipments may be subject to internal and external compliance checks to ensure all policies and regulations are followed as outlined on the Shipment Compliance Declaration. Items prohibited by USPS or U.S. Customs will be rejected.