Following a Shopify update, some accounts may have encountered an error when fulfilling orders from connected stores. To resolve the issue, please reconnect your store in your settings following the steps outlined below. If you continue to experience issues connecting your store or fulfilling orders, please contact us for assistance.
You can set up your Chit Chats account to import your orders from Shopify in just 5 easy steps saving you time and effort when creating your shipments. Our Shopify integration supports connecting multiple Shopify stores. Find all of our store integration options here.
- Make sure you are logged in to your Shopify store account.
- Log in to your Chit Chats account and navigate to your Settings (bottom left). Click on Sales Channels > Connect Shopify Store. Or click on Import (top left) > Connect a Store > Connect Shopify Store.
- Instructions will pop up to help guide you through the process. Go to https://apps.shopify.com/chit-chats
- Enter your store admin URL e.g. mystore.myshopify.com and install the Chit Chats app. Please note that the Chit Chats app is not listed in the Shopify App Store. You will need to click on Install app.
- Select update unlisted app.
Congratulations! You have just connected your Shopify store with Chit Chats. You’re now ready to import orders from your store with the click of a button.
You can choose when to fulfill your Shopify orders and mark them as shipped by sending Chit Chats tracking back to your store. Your shipments will be marked as fulfilled in Shopify according to your preferences and your customers will receive an email from Shopify like the one below:
You can change the email template in Shopify at any time without any impact to the integration.
Multiple Fulfillment Locations
You can fulfill shipments for Shopify stores with multiple locations by adding all of your locations and selecting a default. When you connect your Shopify store to Chit Chats, your default will be set to your primary location ID. To add more locations or change your default, go to Settings > Sales Channels and click "Edit" next to your connected Shopify store.
Importing shipments that belong to the wrong fulfillment location, will result in fulfillment errors for those shipments. To resolve this you can either:
- Import only the orders from your default location. Then allow them to be fulfilled before switching your default location to import the remainder of your shipments from the new location.
- Import all orders from your default location then switch your default. You can then delete and reimport the shipments with the fulfillment errors from the new default location.
- Fulfill any shipments with fulfillment errors manually.
Learn more on how to change your store fulfillment settings.
If you are a business that sells a mix of both digital and physical items, you can update your Shopify store to avoid importing orders into your Chit Chats account that do not require shipping. You can select your preference by following these steps.
- Navigate to Settings > Sales Channels > Shopify Store
- Click Edit
- Select or unselect "Import Shopify Orders" based on your preference
- Click Update
By selecting this option your digital orders will no longer be imported into your Chit Chats account.
Integrating Chit Chats Collect Rates for your Shopify Account
To offer your customers the most affordable postage for shipments within Canada, you can connect your Shopify store to live postage rates for Chit Chats Collect. To do this, simply add Chit Chats as a registered carrier service in your delivery options on Shopify. You can find the full instructions on connecting your store on our help and support page. This will allow your customers to view custom rates and select Chit Chats Collect as a delivery option for their package. Please note that this integration option is currently only available to Shopify users that have a Shopify Plus account or higher.