** We are currently testing this feature with select clients. If you are interested in becoming a tester, please reach out to our support team for more information**
You can set up your Chit Chats account to import your orders from BigCommerce in just 6 easy steps, saving you time and effort when creating your shipments. Our BigCommerce integration supports connecting multiple BigCommerce stores. Find all of our store integration options here.
To add a BigCommerce store, log into your Chit Chats account and navigate to your Settings (bottom left). Click on Sales Channels > Connect BigCommerce Store. Or click on Import (top left) > Connect a Store > Connect BigCommerce Store.
Instructions will pop up to help guide you through the process.
1. Begin by logging into your BigCommerce account to start the integration. Navigate to ‘Advanced Settings’ > ‘API accounts’ in the left side menu
2. Select ‘create V2/V3 API Token’ from the ‘Create API Account’ drop down
3. Give your integration a name such as “Chit Chats Integration”
4. Adjust the API access by scrolling down to ‘Orders’ and ‘Products’. Select ‘modify’ for both. Click ‘Save’
5. Copy the ‘Access Token’ generated by BigCommerce
6. Input the Access Token, your Store ID and your Store URL into the corresponding fields in your Chit Chats account. Your store ID will look something like this “1aa11a11a”. Click save to complete the integration.
Congratulations! You have just integrated your BigCommerce store with Chit Chats. You’re now ready to import orders from your store with the click of a button. Or, repeat these steps to connect another BigCommerce store. Simply input the unique store URL during the integration process.
Integrating your store will not display live Chit Chats shipping rates to your customers but many Chit Chats clients find it helpful to create standard shipping rates for their items based on our pricing. If you experience difficulty with connecting your account, please contact us with your client ID.
BigCommerce clients should take advantage of either the bulk editor tool or shipping presets feature to update their shipment information as the size and weights of shipments will not be imported. This is the same for IOSS or other custom tax reference numbers. If you choose to provide the recipient phone numbers, they will be automatically imported.
Fulfilling BigCommerce Orders with Chit Chats
Once you have paid for postage, you will be provided with the partner carrier’s tracking number. However, you can choose when to fulfill your BigCommerce orders and mark them as shipped by sending carrier tracking to your store. Learn more on how to change your store fulfilment settings.