** We are currently testing this feature with select clients. If you are interested in becoming a tester, please reach out to our support team for more information**
You can set up your Chit Chats account to import your orders from your Squarespace store in just 7 easy steps saving you time and effort when creating your shipments. Our Squarespace integration supports connecting multiple Squarespace stores that are ‘Business’ or ‘Commerce’ accounts. Find all of our store integration options here.
To connect your Squarespace store, log into your Chit Chats account and navigate to your Settings (bottom left). Click on Sales Channels > Connect Squarespace Store. Or click on Import (top left) > Connect a Store > Connect Squarespace Store.
Instructions will pop up to help guide you through the process.
1. Begin by logging into your Squarespace Admin Panel to start the integration.
2. Navigate to the left bar menu and select ‘Settings ’ > ‘Advanced’ > Developer API Key. Click the ‘Generate Key’ button
3. Add a key name in the space provided so you can easily identify it i.e. ChitChats Integration.
4. From the permissions provided below click ‘Products’ and select ‘Read Only’
5. Click 'Orders' and select 'Read and write'
6. Scroll up to the top of the menu and select ‘Generate Key’
7. Copy the key provided and input it into the space provided on the Chit Chats store integration then click ‘Save’
Congratulations! You have just integrated your Squarespace store with Chit Chats. You’re now ready to import orders from your store with the click of a button. Or repeat these steps to connect another Squarespace store. Simply input the unique store URL during the integration process.
Integrating your store will not display live Chit Chats shipping rates to your customers but many Chit Chats clients find it helpful to create standard shipping rates for their items based on our pricing. If you experience difficulty with connecting your account, please contact us with your client ID.
Squarespace clients should take advantage of either the bulk editor tool or shipping presets feature to update their shipment information as the size and weights of shipments will not be imported. This is the same for IOSS or other custom tax reference numbers. Reference this support article for the correct formatting of IOSS or VAT custom numbers. If you choose to provide the recipient phone numbers, they will be automatically imported.