Chit Chats strictly adheres to all United States Customs Rules and Regulations. As a result, some items are prohibited from being shipped with Chit Chats to the United States.
The following is a general list of items you cannot ship across the U.S. border via Chit Chats. If you are ever unsure about an item, please contact us directly to confirm whether or not the product is compliant.
- All food and beverages (including candy, tea, coffee, pet foods, sauces, spices, etc.)
- Medical devices (including toothbrushes, thermometers, dental instruments, hearing aids, etc.)
- Medicine (prescription and non-prescription i.e. over-the-counter) This includes items containing SPF
- Drugs, tobacco and alcohol (including drug paraphernalia)
- Dietary supplements (vitamins, minerals, herbs, amino acids etc.)
- Glasses & eyewear (prescription & non-prescription)
- Firearms, ammunition and weapons of any kind
- Plant matter (including seeds)
- Chemicals, hazardous materials or combustibles (including aerosols, oxygen, dry ice, products containing lead paint, etc.)
- Knockoffs (products in violation of copyright, patent and trademark laws)
- Human remains (including ashes and hair)
- See more items here
Additionally, U.S. bound shipments cannot exceed $800 USD in retail value and we are not permitted to ship products with items regulated that are by:
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection (US CBP)
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
- Transport Security Administration (TSA)
Shipments destined for Canadian addresses cannot exceed $2500 CAD.
Also, please note that most items are not permitted to be shipped to U.S.-sanctioned countries via the USPS without additional documentation. Please consult USPS's guide for more information and the most current list of affected countries.
Carriers have their own restrictions on what they can and can't ship. It is up to you to ensure that your shipments are in accordance with each carrier's restrictions.