Shipments with underpaid postage may result in transit delays, postage dues for your recipient and/or postage adjustments from the carrier. There are three main considerations for avoiding underpaid postage:
Selecting the correct return address / Chit Chats Region
- Ensure you are creating shipments with the correct return address information. Always make sure your account displays the correct Chit Chats region to ensure postage prints with the correct return address for your region.
Accurately entering the weight and dimensions of the shipment
- Measure the weights of your shipments on an accurate and calibrated package scale. Always round up to the nearest pound or ounce for U.S. postage. Ex. 4.8 oz should be rounded to 5 oz, 7.2 lbs should be rounded to 8 lbs.
- Accurately measure the length, width and height of your shipments as dimensional weight may apply. For irregularly shaped parcels, dimensions should be measured as if the piece was rectangular.
Choosing the correct service for your shipment / packaging
- USPS Media Mail postage can only be purchased for shipments solely containing qualifying media content.*
- USPS First Class Mail can only be used for packages less than 1 lb.
- USPS Priority Mail packaging can only be used with Priority Mail postage. This extends to Priority Regional Rate and Priority Flat Rate packaging as well.*
*Service availability may vary.