You can set up your Chit Chats account to import your orders from Shopify in just 3 easy steps. Our Shopify integration supports connecting multiple Shopify stores. Find all of our store integration options here.
- Make sure you are logged in to your Shopify store account.
- Log in to your Chit Chats account and navigate to your Settings (bottom left). Click on Sales Channels > Connect Shopify Store. Or click on Import (top left) > Connect a Store > Connect Shopify Store.
- Enter your store admin URL e.g. mystore.myshopify.com and install the Chit Chats app. Please note that the Chit Chats app is not listed in the Shopify App Store. You will need to click on Install unlisted app.
Congratulations! You have just connected your Shopify store with Chit Chats. You’re now ready to import orders from your store.
Integrating your store will not display live Chit Chats shipping rates to your customers but many Chit Chats clients find it helpful to create standard shipping rates for their items based on our pricing. If you experience difficulty with connecting your account, please contact us with your client ID.
You can choose when to fulfill your Shopify orders and mark them as shipped by sending Chit Chats tracking back to your store. Your shipments will be marked as fulfilled in Shopify according to your preferences and your customers will receive an email from Shopify like the one below:
You can change the email template in Shopify at any time without any impact to the integration.
Multiple Fulfillment Locations
You can fulfill shipments for Shopify stores with multiple locations by adding all of your locations and selecting a default. When you connect your Shopify store to Chit Chats, your default will be set to your primary location ID. To add more locations or change your default, go to Settings > Sales Channels and click "Edit" next to your connected Shopify store.
Importing shipments that belong to the wrong fulfillment location, will result in fulfillment errors for those shipments. To resolve this you can either:
- Import only the orders from your default location. Then allow them to be fulfilled before switching your default location to import the remainder of your shipments from the new location.
- Import all orders from your default location then switch your default. You can then delete and reimport the shipments with the fulfillment errors from the new default location.
- Fulfill any shipments with fulfillment errors manually.
Learn more on how to change your store fulfillment settings.