To have Chit Chats manage your U.S. and international returns you will need to navigate to your return settings (Settings / Returns).
- Select your return method from the top drop-down menu and select Chit Chats’ U.S. Return Address from the address options under Default U.S. return address.
- Click Submit POA.
3. Complete and submit the business information on the next page. You will be required to include your federal business number.
4. Download and print the Power of Attorney (POA) document.
5. Complete and sign the POA form prior to re-uploading as a PDF.
6. Submit your POA for approval.
Requesting Chit Chats Return Service for Select Shipments
If you wish to have Chit Chats manage only some of your returns and dispose of the others, you can do so by:
Ensuring your default U.S. Return address is set to either Chit Chats U.S. Return Service or Chit Chats U.S. Disposal Service.
Selecting “Chit Chats U.S. Returns Service” from the drop down menu while on the Postage step of creating a shipment. Doing so will allow you the flexibility of adjusting the return method for each individual shipment.
Once your POA has been approved by our customs broker, the status will update from In-Review to Approved.
Returns can only be sent back to Canada for further processing once your returns account has been approved. It is extremely important that you take care to complete the POA accurately. Provided that the POA is correctly submitted, this approval can still take up to 30 business days.
Read our FAQs for more on POAs for return shipments.