Insurance in Canada is offered and administered through Hub International Ontario Limited/Hub Insurance Brokers and Continental Casualty Company Limited.
If you are looking for information on Chit Chats Insurance, please see here.
Carrier insurance is coverage provided by the carrier for select services or postage types. This type of insurance is included in the price of postage and often covers a fixed value. Additional insurance coverage for high-value shipments may be available through the carrier for an added cost.
- For domestic shipments, the default coverage from Canada Post is up to $100 CAD against loss or damage.
- For USPS Priority Mail and U.S. Tracked shipments 1 lb or greater, USPS offers $50 -$100 USD against loss or damage.
- USPS Priority Mail International provides up to $200 USD against loss or damage.
- For consolidated courier pickups, Canpar offers up to $100 CAD against loss or damage.
However, please keep in mind that carrier insurance does not include coverage while the shipment is within Chit Chats’ service. You will need to confirm the specific terms and conditions of the insurance coverage with the carrier.
Carrier insurance is included for the following postage types found on the Chit Chats platform.
- USPS Priority Mail
- USPS Priority Mail Express
- USPS Priority Mail International
- Chit Chats Canada Tracked & Chit Chats Domestic Tracked
- Chit Chats U.S. Tracked shipments 1 lb or greater
Filing a Claim
All claims need to be filed directly with the carrier, except in the case of Chit Chats Canada Tracked & Domestic Tracked shipments and Canpar courier pickups which must be filed through Chit Chats. Please note that in order for your claim to be reviewed, you will be required to provide recipient contact details like email addresses or phone numbers.
Filing a carrier insurance claim can often take longer than filing a claim for Chit Chats Insurance. Reimbursement is processed through the carrier and generally has a longer timeline than with Chit Chats Insurance. We are unable to check the status of USPS carrier insurance claims on your behalf.
*Service availability may vary