A shipment ID is generated for each shipment you create in your Chit Chats account. It is a unique set of 10 alphanumeric characters that allows us to identify and locate your shipment. Your shipment ID is important for the following reasons:
- Your recipients can search for tracking information using the shipment ID
- Searching your shipment ID allows you to quickly find your shipment in your Chit Chats account
- Knowing your shipment ID helps our Client Success team to better assist you with your shipment inquiries
Your shipment ID is not the same as a carrier tracking number for your shipment. It cannot be used to find tracking updates from our partner carriers' websites. Once you've purchased your postage, the shipment may be assigned a carrier tracking number in addition to the shipment ID.
How do I find my Shipment ID?
Each shipment ID is unique to the shipment it is assigned to. Follow these steps to view the shipment ID for a particular shipment.
- Sign in to your Chit Chats account
- Navigate to one of the shipment tabs on the left sidebar (i.e. Pending, In Transit, etc.)
- Click on the desired shipment
- The shipment ID will appear in the upper right of the right sidebar