Once you’ve connected your store, shop or selling platform to Chit Chats, you are ready to begin importing orders into your account.
Importing orders does not purchase postage for your shipments. After you import, it is important to verify the accuracy of all the information before buying your postage.
It is the shipper’s responsibility to provide accurate information as any inaccurate information can result in:
- Postage adjustments due to insufficient postage
- Possible shipping delays
- Undeliverable shipments (returns)
- Additional administrative fees
How to import store orders
- Log in to your Chit Chats account and click on Import (top-left).
- Select the connected store that you wish to import from. If you have more than one connected store, you will need to complete separate imports.
- During the Select Shipments step you will see all of your unshipped or unfulfilled orders. You can import all orders or select just the few that you wish to import.
- If you are having trouble seeing newer orders, you may need to cancel the import and start a new one.*
- At the top of the page, under Import into Batch, select whether you want to import your shipments into a new or existing batch.
- Click on Edit Orders, if you need to make any changes to shipment details such as the weight, dimensions, package type or postage type. You can apply shipping presets or bulk edit shipment detailbefore importing to quickly update many shipments at once.
- Should you decide to make changes to your shipment descriptions with the bulk editing tool or shipping presets, the original description from your store will be saved and displayed for your reference in the shipment sidebar menu. Don't forget shipment descriptions must be provided in English. A second language is optional. This is because English is the designated language for our international shipping partners which also include any U.S. bound shipments.
- With some of our integrations (e.g. Etsy, Shopify, etc.) shipment weights and dimensions will be imported if available as well as optional shipment attributes such as shop names, SKUs and Tags .
- For other integrations like WooCommerce, you should take advantage of the bulk editor feature, or shipping presents to input shipping weights and dimensions.
- If a particular shipping method was indicated, this information may not be carried into your Chit Chats account. However, you can edit your shipments or apply a preset to automatically choose the cheapest postage rate for your U.S. shipments.
- Once you are happy with your changes, click Import Orders.
Congratulations! You have now imported your orders into Chit Chats. Go to your newly created batch or to your Pending tab to view your shipments before selecting, buying and printing your postage.
You can choose when to fulfill your orders, mark them as shipped in your store and send your customers tracking by changing your store fulfillment settings.
*Only orders that are unshipped, unfulfilled or “Awaiting shipment” will be recognized. Fulfilled or partially-fulfilled or unpaid orders will not be imported. You may experience issues importing shipments older than 60 days. Integrating your store will not display live Chit Chats shipping rates to your customers but many Chit Chats clients find it helpful to create standard shipping rates for their items based on our pricing.
Since shipment weights and dimensions are not imported with the Adobe Commerce integration, clients are encouraged to use shipping presets or bulk editing tools to update any missing information.
Recipient phone numbers will automatically be imported when provided, however IOSS numbers (for shipments to the EU) must be added to your shipments manually or using our bulk editing and presents features
**We are currently testing this feature with select clients. If you are interested in becoming a tester, please reach out to our support team for more information.**
Shipment weights and dimensions are not supported by the BigCommerce integration, for that reason clients should take advantage of shipping presets or bulk editing tools to update any missing information.
Recipient phone numbers will automatically be imported when provided, however IOSS numbers (for shipments to the EU) must be added to your shipments manually or using our bulk editing and presents features.
Recipient phone numbers and IOSS numbers (for shipments to the EU) will automatically import from eBay for your shipments when available.
If an order contains more than one item then only the total shipment weight will be calculated and imported.
Recipient phone numbers and IOSS numbers (for shipments to the EU) are not imported by Etsy and must be added to your shipments manually or using our bulk editing and presets features.
The declared values of your shipments will not be converted to USD upon import. Pay attention to the currency you are declaring at the time of import. You may need to make edits or apply a preset. Recipient phone numbers will automatically import from ShipStation for your shipments when available. IOSS numbers (for shipments to the EU) are not supported by this integration.
Please make sure that the weight and dimensions to be imported reflect the total measurements of the shipment (package dimensions and item weight + package weight). You may have to update these values by either using shipping presets or editing shipment details before you complete your import to update any missing information.
Recipient phone numbers (shipping phone number or billing phone number as a fallback) will automatically import from Shopify for your shipments when available.
IOSS numbers (for shipments to the EU) are not imported by Shopify and must be added to your shipments manually or using our bulk editing and presets features.
Squarespace clients should take advantage of either the bulk editor tool or shipping presets feature to update their shipment information as the size and weights of shipments will not be imported. This is the same for IOSS or other custom tax reference numbers. If you choose to provide the recipient phone numbers, they will be automatically imported.
You will need to make sure to update the dimensions of your shipment by either using shipping presets or editing shipment details before you complete your import to update any missing information.
Data points you can import from your store include the store name, selling channel, SKUs, and tags. Recipient phone numbers will also be imported if they are provided.
IOSS numbers (for shipments to the EU) however, are not imported by WooCommerce and must be added to your shipments manually or using our bulk editing and presents features.