Once you’ve connected your store, shop or selling platform to Chit Chats, you are ready to begin importing orders into your account.
Importing orders does not purchase postage for your shipments. After you import, it is important to verify the accuracy of all the information before buying your postage.
It is the shipper’s responsibility to provide accurate information as any inaccurate information can result in:
- Postage adjustments due to insufficient postage
- Possible shipping delays
- Undeliverable shipments (returns)
- Additional administrative fees
How to import store orders
- Log in to your Chit Chats account and click on Import (top-left).
- Select the connected store that you wish to import from. If you have more than one connected store, you will need to complete separate imports.
- During the Select Shipments step you will see all of your unshipped or unfulfilled orders. You can import all orders or select just the few that you wish to import.
- If you are having trouble seeing newer orders, you may need to cancel the import and start a new one.*
- At the top of the page, under Import into Batch, select whether you want to import your shipments into a new or existing batch.
- Click on Edit Orders, if you need to make any changes to shipment details such as the weight, dimensions, package type or postage type. You can apply shipping presets or bulk edit shipment detailsbefore importing to quickly update many shipments at once.
- With some of our integrations (e.g. Etsy, Shopify, etc.) shipment weights and dimensions will be imported if available.
- If a particular shipping method was indicated, this information may not be carried into your Chit Chats account.
- Once you are happy with your changes, click Import Orders.
Congratulations! You have now imported your orders into Chit Chats. Go to your newly created batch or to your Pending tab to view your shipments before selecting, buying and printing your postage.
You can choose when to fulfill your orders, mark them as shipped in your store and send your customers tracking by changing your store fulfillment settings.
*Only orders that are unshipped, unfulfilled or “Awaiting shipment” will be recognized. Fulfilled or partially-fulfilled or unpaid orders will not be imported. You may experience issues importing shipments older than 60 days. Integrating your store will not display live Chit Chats shipping rates to your customers but many Chit Chats clients find it helpful to create standard shipping rates for their items based on our pricing.
If an order contains more than one item then only the total shipment weight will be calculated and imported.
The declared values of your shipments will not be converted to USD upon import. Pay attention to currency you are declaring at the time of import. You may need to make edits or apply a preset. Phone numbers are not supported by this integration.
Please make sure that the weight and dimensions to be imported reflect the total measurements of the shipment (package dimensions and item weight + package weight). You may have to update these values by either using shipping presets or editing shipment details before you complete your import to update any missing information.