Some businesses prefer to dispose of their returns instead of receiving them. If this suits your business needs, you have the option to use our disposal address for your U.S. and international returns. This means that all returns for 'Chit Chats Disposal Service' will be received at our U.S. facilities and will be disposed of at no cost to you. Or you can choose to manage your own returns by providing a U.S. return address.
At this time, we do not offer a disposal address for Canadian shipments and our partner carrier cannot accommodate custom return addresses. All Canadian returns will be processed and charged the applicable return fees upon their arrival at a Chit Chats hub. We charge a return fee to process customer returns sent without a Chit Chats return label.
Dispose all returns
If you prefer not to receive any of your U.S. or international return shipments, simply make our disposal address your Default U.S. return address.
Navigate to Settings > Returns > Default U.S. Return Addresses and select ‘Disposal service return address’ from the drop-down menu.
All of the U.S. & international shipments you create moving forward will use our disposal address for the return address and any undeliverable shipments will be disposed of free of charge. However, you are still responsible for fees on shipments returned with postage due.
Dispose only select returns
If you wish to receive only some of your returns and dispose of the others, you can do so by:
- Ensuring your default return address is set to use either Chit Chats U.S. Returns Service or Chit Chats U.S. Disposal Service.
- Selecting 'Chit Chats US Disposal Service' from the drop down menu while on Postage step of our Create a Shipment flow. Doing so will allow you the flexibility of adjusting the return method for each individual shipment you create.
For returns that you'd like to have managed by Chit Chat's, you will need to submit a Power of Attorney document and select 'Chit Chats U.S. Return Service' from the drop down available on the postage step for the individual shipment.
If you import your shipments using our API, you have the option to add a custom U.S. return address for select shipments using the optional return address fields.
- When these fields are left blank, your default U.S. return address will be used instead.
- If your default U.S return address is set to our disposal address, simply add a custom return address to the return address field for the shipments you want returned to you.
- To dispose of select shipments, use the return_dispose_requested field and enter “yes” for those you wish to dispose of in the event of a return
Unfortunately we are unable to offer the option to choose which return shipments to dispose of and which to process after they arrive at one of our facilities. To do this, we encourage you to consider our flexible and fully tracked Chit Chats return label for your U.S. and Canadian shipments. add your own U.S. return address to manage your returns. If you do not have a U.S. return address, we suggest renting a PO Box that you can clear out periodically for this purpose. USPS offers low cost PO Box rentals.
When does Chit Chats dispose of my returns?
Shipments marked for disposal and sent to our disposal address are disposed of immediately. We are not able to redirect any shipments marked for disposal once a return is initiated.
If Chit Chats manages your returns and you have selected the Pickup at Branch option, your processed returns will be available for you to pick up over a period of 15 days. We will dispose of any return shipments that you do not claim after this time.
If you have not yet submitted a Power of Attorney document, we will hold any return shipments we receive at our U.S. facility for a period of 15 days while you make your submission.
At this time, we are unable to accommodate the use of our U.S. return address for the purchase of goods or the importation of shipments into Canada. There are different regulations for importing products into Canada and such shipments will be disposed of at our facilities in the U.S upon receipt. This includes, but is not limited to:
- U.S. online shopping orders
- Customer returns that were not originally shipped through Chit Chats
- Customer returns sent to us indirectly (i.e. sent to another U.S. address then forwarded to Chit Chats' U.S. address)
We suggest using your own U.S. return address for such shipments.
*No exceptions will be made. All returns will be disposed of including shipments that are undeliverable due to address and customer returns sent to this address in error. You will not be able to file a claim for a shipment that was disposed of due to prohibited items or being returned to sender.