We understand that some shipments are prepared well in advance of when Chit Chats will receive them. Depending on your workflow, your clients may not need to be notified of their tracking when you purchase postage.
By default, our platform will mark orders in your store as fulfilled and send tracking notifications to your clients when you purchase postage. However, customizing how to fulfill your orders can be done quickly and easily from within your Chit Chats account.
How to change your shipment fulfillment settings
- Click Settings (bottom-left) > Sales Channels
- Connect a store (if needed)
- Connect a BigCommerce Store
- Connect an eBay Store
- Connect an Etsy Store
- Connect with ShipStation
- Connect a Shopify store
- Connect a WooCommerce store
3. Under Shipment Fulfilment, you will be able to see all of the options that are available.
4. Select your preferences on when to fulfill the shipment.
You can schedule orders to be fulfilled up to 5 days after you purchase postage. And if you prefer to manually update your orders, be sure to tell Chit Chats to ‘Never’ fulfill shipments.
- Changes made to your tracking preferences will only be applied to newly created shipments and will not affect shipments which have already been fulfilled or marked to be fulfilled.
- Your shipments will be fulfilled with Chit Chats tracking unless your seller platform recognizes only the carrier tracking code.*
How to check the fulfillment status of a shipment
A shipment’s fulfillment status is available in the shipment details (right sidebar). Just click on a shipment to find out more information.
If you change your mind before a shipment is actually fulfilled you can click on "Do Not Fulfill" or "Fulfill Now".
*Grandfathered accounts must indicate a preference between sending Chit Chats and carrier tracking.