Need to drop off your shipments but can’t get to a branch? A Chit Chats drop spot may be the perfect solution for you.
Drop spot work differently than our branches. They are hosted by trusted third party vendors however, not all the same services will be available. When using a drop spot, take note that:
- Only pre-labelled packages will be accepted.
- Shipments must be batched and consolidated before you drop off.
- There may be cut-off times for same-day shipment processing.
- Convenience access fees may apply (with applicable tax).
Interested? Find a drop spot near you on our locations page.
Differences in Drop Spot locations:
|Region||Drop Spot Locations||Convenience Access Fees||Notes|
|Atlantic Canada||Maritime Bus fees if applicable|
|Quebec||$3.00 + tax for each bag or box dropped off|
*(Niagara only) Request access to a drop spot by signing into your Chit Chats account and visiting our locations page. Click on the drop spot you are interested in and then click on Request Drop Spot Access.
You can drop off your prepared and labelled shipments any time during business hours. However, some drop spots may have cut-off times for processing shipments the same day.
- Shipments received before the cut-off time are sent to the Chit Chats hubin your region to be processed within one to two business days.
- Shipments received at our Niagara drop spot are processed at our Ontario hub twice weekly.
- Shipments received after the cut-off time or on weekends will require one additional business day for processing.
To check the cut-off times for a particular drop spot, click 'View details and directions' on the locations page.
There may be times when processing is delayed due to unexpected circumstances beyond our control (i.e. compliance concerns such as prohibited or hazardous items, customs delays, inclement weather, value discrepancies, operational challenges, etc.).
Using our drop spots
To use one of our drop spot locations you must:
Before you arrive
- Create and purchase postage for your shipments in your Chit Chats account.
- Package your shipments well before you consolidate and batch them.
- If you have more than one shipment you'll need to create a batch label which indicates a summary of all the shipments you will be dropping off. Easily create a batch label by following the steps outlined in this article.
- Attach the batch label to the outer packaging of your consolidated shipments.
- Find and write down your client ID.
Important: If you have more than one shipment, conslidate your shipments by combining them into a bigger secure container like a box or bag.
*If consolidation is not possible due to oversized parcels, each shipment must clearly bear a postage label.
Arriving at the drop spot
- Present your labelled shipment(s) to the drop spot.
- If you have a batch label ensure that it is easily visible and on the outside of the consolidated container (i.e. secure box or bag). The batch label should be flat so the bar code can be easily scanned.
- Drop spot staff on site will receive your shipments and scan your batch label. This lets us know that you've dropped off shipments at a drop spot partner that are awaiting pickup by Chit Chats.
- NOTE: This is a preliminary scan and your shipments will be processed further once received at a Chit Chats hub.
Some of our drop spot partners may request your Chit Chats Client ID.
If convenience access fees apply for your drop spot, your account credits will reflect the charge within one to three business days.