Need to drop off your shipments but can’t get to a branch? A Chit Chats drop spot may be the perfect solution for you.
Drop spot work differently than our branches. They are hosted by trusted third party vendors however, not all the same services will be available. When using a drop spot, take note that:
- Only pre-labelled packages will be accepted.
- Shipments must be batched and consolidated before you drop off.
- There may be cut-off times for same-day shipment processing.
- Convenience access fees may apply (with applicable tax).
Interested? Find a drop spot near you on our locations page.
If you can’t make it to a Chit Chats drop spot or a branch, you still have options to get your shipments to us like scheduling a third party courier pickup.
Differences in Drop Spot locations:
|Region||Drop Spot Locations||Convenience Access Fees||Notes|
|Atlantic Canada||Maritime Bus fees if applicable|
|Quebec||$3.00 + tax for each bag or box dropped off|
*(Niagara only) Request access to a drop spot by signing into your Chit Chats account and visiting our locations page. Click on the drop spot you are interested in and then click on Request Drop Spot Access.
You can drop off your prepared and labelled shipments any time during business hours. However, some drop spots may have cut-off times for processing shipments the same day.
- Shipments received before the cut-off time are sent to the Chit Chats hubin your region to be processed within one to two business days.
- Shipments received at our Niagara drop spot are processed at our Ontario hub twice weekly.
- Shipments received after the cut-off time or on weekends will require one additional business day for processing.
To check the cut-off times for a particular drop spot, click 'View details and directions' on the locations page.
There may be times when processing is delayed due to unexpected circumstances beyond our control (i.e. compliance concerns such as prohibited or hazardous items, customs delays, inclement weather, value discrepancies, operational challenges, etc.).
Using our drop spots
To use one of our drop spot locations you must:
- Have a Chit Chats account
- Know your client ID
- Consolidate and batch your shipments
Before you arrive
- Create and purchase postage for your shipments in your Chit Chats account.
- Package your shipments well before you consolidate and batch them. Don't forget to include a batch label on the outer packaging of your consolidated shipment.
- Find and write down your client ID.
Arriving at the drop spot
When you drop off your shipments at one of our drop spots you may need to sign in at the front desk and provide a few details on the Chit Chats Drop Spot log sheet:
- Chit Chats Client ID
- Drop off date
- Total number of consolidated shipments dropped off (not individual shipments)
- Batch number
- Some of our drop spot partners may not have a Drop Spot log sheet but you’ll still need to provide a batch label for your shipments.
If convenience access fees apply for your drop spot, your account credits will reflect the charge within one to three business days.
Still have questions about our drop spots? Contact our support team or find more detailed information in our library.