Need to drop off your shipments but can’t make it to one of our branches? Using a Chit Chats drop spot may be the solution for you.
Drop spot locations work differently than our branches. Drop spots are hosted by trusted third party vendors however, not all the same services are available as in our branches. Your prepared and labelled shipments can be dropped off at any time during business hours. Shipments are then sent to a Chit Chats hub in your region for processing.
Please note these differences in Drop Spot locations:
- Quebec drop spots will have a $3.00 service fee + applicable taxes for each bag or box dropped off
- Mont-Royal Plateau, Downtown Montreal, Laval and Brossard
- Ontario drop spots will have a $3.00 service fee + applicable taxes per visit.
- Clients must request access to drop spots (see below for details)
- Burlington & Vaughan
- Atlantic Canada clients can access drop spots in the Halifax regional municipality or use Maritime Bus locations to drop off packages.
- There are no convenience access fees Alberta & BC drop spots
When using a drop spot location, please be aware that:
- Only pre-labelled packages will be accepted at Chit Chats drop spots. Self-serve computers and label printers will not be available for preparing shipments.
- Drop spots have cut-off times for receiving shipments. Shipments received after the cut-off time or on weekends will be processed by Chit Chats the following business day.
- Convenience access fees may apply (with the applicable tax).
If you are interested in using one of our drop spots, you can use our locations page to find the one nearest you.
Using our drop spots
To use one of our drop spot locations you must:
- Have a Chit Chats account
- Know your client ID
- Consolidate and batch your shipments
- (Ontario only) Request access - To do this, please sign into your Chit Chats account, visit the location page for the drop spot and click on Request Drop Spot Access.
Before you arrive
- Login to or create your Chit Chats account.
- Create and purchase postage for your shipments. Ensure that your shipments are well packaged.
- Consolidate and batch your shipments. Include a batch label on the outer packaging of your consolidated shipment.
- Find and write down your client ID.
When you arrive
When dropping off your shipments at our drop spots you will need to sign-in at the front desk. You will be asked to fill in the following details on the Chit Chats Drop Spot log sheet:
- Chit Chats Client ID
- Drop off date
- Total number of consolidated shipments dropped off (not individual shipments)
- Batch number
Important! You may drop off packages at any time during drop spot hours however, there is a cut-off time for packages to be processed by Chit Chats on the same business day. To find the cut-off times for a particular drop spot, click 'See more details' on our locations page. Packages dropped off after the cut-off time will be processed the following business day.*
If you still want need more information on our drop spots, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*There may be times when processing could be delayed due to unexpected circumstances beyond our control (i.e. compliance concerns such as prohibited or hazardous items, customs delays, inclement weather, value discrepancies, operational challenges, etc.).