Need to drop off your shipments but can’t make it to one of our branches? Using a Chit Chats drop spot may be the solution for you.
Drop spot locations work differently than our branches. They are hosted by trusted third party vendors however, not all the same services will be available. When using a drop spot location, please be aware that:
- Only pre-labelled packages will be accepted.
- Shipments must be batched and consolidated before you drop off.
- There are cut-off times for shipment processing.
- Convenience access fees may apply (with the applicable tax).
If you are interested in using one of our drop spots, you can use our locations page to find the one nearest you.
Please note these differences in Drop Spot locations:
|Region||Drop Spot Locations||Convenience Access Fees||Notes|
|Atlantic Canada||Maritime Bus fees if applicable|
|Ontario||$3.00 + tax per visit||Clients must request access to drop spots*|
|Quebec||$3.00 + tax for each bag or box dropped off|
*(Ontario only) Request access to a drop spot by signing into your Chit Chats account and visiting our locations page. Click on the drop spot you are interested in and then click on Request Drop Spot Access.
You can drop off your prepared and labelled shipments any time during business hours. However, some drop spots may have earlier cut-off times for processing shipments. Shipments received before the cut-off time are sent to the Chit Chats hub in your region for processing the same business day. Shipments received after the cut-off time or on weekends will be processed by Chit Chats the following business day.
To find the cut-off times for a particular drop spot, click 'View details and directions' on our locations page.
There may be times when processing is delayed due to unexpected circumstances beyond our control (i.e. compliance concerns such as prohibited or hazardous items, customs delays, inclement weather, value discrepancies, operational challenges, etc.).
Using our drop spots
To use one of our drop spot locations you must:
Before you arrive
- Create and purchase postage for your shipments in your Chit Chats account.
- Ensure that your shipments are well packaged before you consolidate and batch them. Don't forget to include a batch label on the outer packaging of your consolidated shipment.
- Find and write down your client ID.
Arriving at the drop spot
When dropping off your shipments at our drop spots you will need to sign in at the front desk. You will be asked to fill in the following details on the Chit Chats Drop Spot log sheet:
- Chit Chats Client ID
- Drop off date
- Total number of consolidated shipments dropped off (not individual shipments)
- Batch number
If you still need more information on our drop spots, please contact email@example.com.